Pesticides are plant protection products that can be synthesis or natural extraction and are used to combat the main diseases of plants.
They are distinguished in:
– fungicides, which counteract fungus diseases and / or alterations;
– insecticides, which counteract harmful insects;
– acaricides, which fight mites or other arachnids;
– nematodicides, which are used against soil infesting nematodes;
– molluscicides, against slugs or other molluscs;
– herbicides and herbicides, which are used to eliminate weeds and spontaneous flora in general;
– rodenticides, used against harmful rodents;
– plant growth regulators, which are plant hormones and assimilable substances that modify the physiological processes of plants and the phenological phases, such as growth, flowering, fruiting, etc.
It should be noted that the term crop protection product is not jointly shared as, in many cases, the action of these substances is purely and / or indiscriminately biocidal against living beings that interfere with agricultural, forestry and livestock production.